Sprig's Pages

Friday, 6 January 2012

26

Today I turned 26. I will really miss being 25 - I wasn't quite done with it yet, but we'll see what 26 holds as I think it could be a pretty good extension of the previous year. Watch this space :)

This song, one of my favourite songs from Beyonce's album, came on my MP3 player as I was walking home tonight and as I feel a little older already and a tiny bit more pressure to get done those things that have been on my to-do list ever since I could write, the lyrics felt more poignant than ever. 

This is pretty much how I feel about life - I want to leave something behind, even if it's only one feature or (hopefully) one novel that even just one person reads and enjoys (other than my mum). I want to love again, be loved again, see as much of the world as I possibly can, and not waste so much time worrying about the past, present and future. So here's Beyonce, saying it much better than I ever could!

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that
Meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world,
I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember,
So they won't forget

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

I want to say I lived each day,
Until I die
And know that I meant something in somebody's life
The hearts I have touched,
Will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference
And this world will see

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here...

I just want them to know
That I gave my all,
Did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because...
I was here...

I was here...
I lived, I loved
I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I wanna leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here... 

Lyrics taken from lyricsmode.com

No comments:

Post a Comment